9.2.12

Heart Garland



I've been inspired by quite a few love posts lately, and I've also felt like sending something to a friend (who has been through too much this past year).  I hear that her husband is doing something quite romantic on Valentine's evening, so I thought I'd seal the deal and send them a garland.


The pack of origami paper from the 1,2,3 shop was the perfect range of colour...

Then I cut, sewed and rolled....




There are a million-and-one options for the leftover cutouts!

2 comments:

N.Freeman said...

Kim, this is magnificent. I love that this is the reason I'm seriously considering getting a sewing machine. Not the actual sewing of clothes (we all know how that turns out). xo

Raewyn said...

I love it Kimmy. Thanks for your lovely tutorials, they are so easy peasy! Going to have to make one of these. Wanted to ask you... you know the ruler thing you used for the pouch you made? Is that the only one you use? I'm looking at all the different ruler types you get for sewing and there are quite a few. Don't know which to get! I cut so skew, and need something to help me keep things nice and straight. xoxox