6.3.12

Baby Wipes Recipe & Wendyl's New Book

My friend Kim has given me her recipe for home-made baby wipes.  I have used a home-made recipe before, but when I used these wipes I wondered why I slacked off to commercial wipes.  I've just stumbled over this article, featuring the wipes that I use, so I'll be using Kim's wonderful mix from now.  


VIVA paper towel roll (cut in half through the middle)
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup boiled water
1 tablespoon baby shampoo
1 tablespoon baby oil/calendula or almond oil or olive oil
few drops tea tree oil (antibacterial)

Put paper towels into a lidded container and pour the ingredients over the top carefully. Let it sit for five minutes then remove the inner cardboard tube! By the way - it must be viva paper towels as all the other brands never work, they just fall apart.



I get all of my chemical-free recipes from Wendyl Nissen's site, and she has a new book available called Mother's Little Helper.   Wendyl is offering free freight till 8 March 3pm!




From Wendyl Nissen's website:

"Wendyl Nissen’s latest book on chemical-free living analyses many commonly used products used on and around our babies and comes up with many natural and old-fashioned alternatives to use instead".

mlhfinalcovergood.JPG

1 comment:

Sally from Frills and Fun said...

Thanks for posting the baby wipe recipe!! I'm gonna try it out!

& i've requested several of Wendyl Nissen's books from the library... not sure how i "missed" her before!